- Increasing public awareness of sickle cell disease and providing support to families affected by sickle cell disease
- Supporting educational and informational activities to increase public awareness of issues affecting the sickle cell community
- Providing information to the public about the need for support, awareness, and advocacy for sickle cell disease
- Sponsoring meetings, events, and workshops about how to live well with sickle cell disease
- Educating the public about the funding needs of organizations that work to bring awareness to sickle cell disease and support families affected by SCD
The mission of the MTS Sickle Cell Foundation is to increase the public’s awareness of sickle cell anemia by supporting awareness, education and research pertaining to sickle cell anemia as well as providing support to families affected by this life threatening disease.